Thursday, April 7, 2011

Losing my third eye

If there's one thing I feel slightly guilty about, it's my attachment to my camera.

Sorry. Not just any camera. I'm talking about my Panasonic Lumix GF1. The camera I use to video and photograph everything on. After I am long gone, my grand kids will find my life story recorded on the footage of this camera. I could be so desperate for cash that I'd sell my autographed Justin Bieber album but the GF1 stays. Around my neck. Chained to my feet.

So you can imagine how gutted I am to discover that the battery charger is not working. My tech expert Ben says that it could be due to a power surge, which is highly possible because the plug points here are of different voltage. And to make things more uncomfortable, I can't/don't know how to get it fixed here unless I get to Lima.

Oh well. Counting my blessings, at least I still have my phone.

This here is the entrance to my room.

Yep, I have a garden.

Very humble quarters as you can see.

This here is another place where I teach, at la biblioteca (library) de Huanchaco.

My housemate's dog, Gina. She loves playing catch and because I oblige her every time, she would wait for me even when I'm in the shower just so I will throw her ball. Or in this case, a random stone.

The cheapest cereal at the supermarket.

My housemate Maricarmen loves her pets. This is Michu.

Pirina (again). Look what the silly little thing wore...

Her "conejos". Spanish for rabbits.

Funny :)

Last week Mary and I took a combi in to town with no idea where we were going. Somehow we found this museum of art. I thought the colours were pretty nice.


I wanted a picture of the woman against the wall without making it obvious so I took this while I was crossing the street. Mary was standing there staring weirdly at me. Initially I wanted to crop her out but I think the picture looks better with her in it.

Peruvian desserts are massive. And sweet. And massive. And merengue is everywhere.

Dulce con leche, the most sinful cake known to man.

Okay I'll stop. Your teeth are probably aching already.

This was taken over the weekend where we had one of the best days since the start of autumn. Look closely, that's actually the mountains covered in mist.

That's it for now.

1 comment:

  1. Loverly photos!! Hope your replacement charger arrives soon! Take care!!

    ReplyDelete